General Electric Software Engineer (Front-end) in Budapest, Hungary
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Responsible for programming a feature and or a small feature set of web applications. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management, beginning to work independently.
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
• Demonstrate the ability to help team members through pair programming and code reviews.
• Demonstrates awareness about product positioning and differentiation.
• Has the ability to evaluate basic technology choices and articulate trade-offs.
• Applies principles of SDLC and Lean/Agile/XP/TDD/CI/CD methodologies to deliver high quality, secured, and scalable software modules.
• Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using language of choice
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent
• Professional experience in JS, preferably Angular 2 Desired Characteristics:
• Experience in CSS Preprocessors
• Experience designing frontend architecture, in co-operation with overall architectural design
• Experince in visualization tools, preferably D3.js
• Experience with various JS framewroks such as React.js, Vue.js
• Experience in some of the following fields: software platforms, user-interface design, web analytics, cyber security, distributed / web / enterprise applications
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identifies misalignment with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in Hungarian and English
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit.
Locations: Hungary; Budapest