General Electric Staff Enterprise Application Engineer in Budapest, Hungary
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Enterprise Application Engineer will be responsible for designing a large service or integration of services, will learn the relevant technologies and lead design discussion in a limited manner. This individual will demonstrate a deep understanding of the service, its dependencies, and its alignment with overall strategy.
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for delivering a service or integration of services.
• Work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business.
• Contribute to design discussions.
• Be skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
• Have the ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
• Have the ability to analyze impact of technology choices.
• Be the expert in installing and configuring enterprise applications that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Demonstrate the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
• Be skilled in core data structures and interfaces for information exchange across platforms.
• Be skilled in development of programmatic capabilities for all aspects of service operability.
• Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent
Strong professional experience in Information Technology, specifically Enterprise Application Engineering
-Experience managing Security requirements and delivering solutions to Security teams
-Experience with Security SEIM processes and products
-Experience with Splunk and Splunk ES
-Strong communication skills and desire to help customers transform and achieve success
-Willing to learn and utilize new technologies, concepts and procedures as appropriate to project requirements
Locations: Hungary; Budapest