General Electric Staff Software Engineer in Budapest, Hungary
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for designing and programming a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Leads design discussions with Architect Office.
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
• Takes ownership and responsibility for successful delivery of features.
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members.
• Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
• Demonstrates the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment.
• Understands whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module.
• Helps in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules. Serves as subject matter expert (SME) on one or more major modules.
• Possesses advanced domain knowledge and shows great customer focus.
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions.
• Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes.
• Helps define his or her own role in the delivery of the product/service design.
• Articulates the need for scalability and understands the importance of improving quality through testing.
• Drives design reviews, defines interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs.
• Expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices.
• Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language chosen.
• Drives functional design and implementation on one or more major modules.
• Serves as SME and works closely with support and infrastructure services in troubleshooting customer and operational issues.
• Understand agile testing, experience with selenium and unit tests.
• Follows coding standards. experience working with ES6/Typescript writing modular code.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent
• Extensive professional experience
• Strong front-end development experience
• Strong UI/UX experience
• Experienced in AngularJS/Angular
• Experienced in GIT version control
• Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate with both leads and team members
• Exceptional Angular/React skills with at least one large-scale modular project
• Strong technical ability to assess risks, scope and obstacles, as they relate to front-end integration, early on in a project
• Fluent English language skills
• Fluent Hungarian language skills
Locations: Hungary; Budapest