Citi Valuation Control Senior Analyst (AVP) – Commodities in Budapest, Hungary
Primary Location: Hungary,Budapest,Budapest
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Finance
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17076526
The Valuation Control Group (VCG) is an independent group of subject matter experts in Product Control within the Finance Division.
VCG is organized along business lines and clients of the group include Desk Heads, Line Product Control, Market Risk, Model Validation, Compliance, Legal Department, Middle Office, Internal Audit, external audit firms, and regulatory bodies in countries impacted by Citi’s footprint. VCG collaborates closely with its client base to ensure complete understanding of business valuation issues and accurate execution of valuation policies.
The role is part of the Valuation Control Group (VCG) team in Budapest.
VCG’s primary responsibility is to reasonably ensure that risk portfolios are fairly valued in accordance with applicable standards and regulatory requirements. VCG works with trading and quantitative groups to fully understand the impact of valuation uncertainty on the desk’s level of pricing and any accompanying fair value adjustments. The team also participates in the approval of new products, where appropriate.
• Performing valuation control processes for various Commodities businesses in EMEA, including price testing and valuation adjustment calculations, reporting and analysis
• Acting as a reviewer and first point of escalation for valuation control processes, policy and regulatory breaches
• Addressing valuation issues across a wide range of Commodities products (vanilla and complex products)
• Designing and implementing valuation adjustments and price testing methodologies
• Ensuring particular attention is given to the design of controls
• Identifying pricing issues that may require special attention with a critical analysis of the risks involved
• Complying with the EBA’s Regulatory Technical Standards on Prudent Valuation for the legal entities in scope
• Organizing and leading valuation meetings with Business Functions, Risk, and Product Control counterparts
• Ensuring high quality process documentation is in place on an ongoing basis
• Actively participating in VCG’s strategic project enabling price testing automation
• Completing all tasks (relating to the organization’s activity but not detailed in the job description) assigned by the manager, supervisor, or functional head
• Exposure to a number of different cash and derivative products
• In-depth understanding of pricing and price verification approaches for various derivative products
• Understanding accounting standards relating to fair value reporting for derivatives
• Understanding the regulatory impact on valuation and pricing
• Developing a control focused mind-set with strong process improvement capabilities
• Developing management/leadership skills
• Rapidly expending team
Knowledge and Experience:
• 6-7 years of experience in a finance / accounting role
• Good understanding of Capital Markets.
• Strong financial accounting skills
• Management/supervisory experience would be advantageous
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Strong mathematical or analytical background
• Keen attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills - written and oral.
• University/College degree in Accounting/Finance (or in another relevant quantitative discipline)
• Excellent interpersonal skills - able to deal with a range of senior/junior staff across a number of departments of the Corporate Investment Bank.
• Ability to meet tight reporting and project deadlines.
• Pro-active, able to manage time, people and issues