LEGO Systems, Inc. Senior Business Intelligence Manager in Nyíregyháza, Hungary
Senior Business Intelligence Manager
Location Hungary, Nyíregyháza
Posted Date 04/13/2018
Job ID HU1645
Category Information Technology
Bring it to life
“I would encourage all of you talented individuals to apply NOW, if working with the newest Business Intelligence technology, being directly exposed to the business areas and having great fun in a super team and super company is the place for you to be!”
Department Focus Area
The Business Intelligence (BI) department is a part of the Business Technology (BT) organization in the LEGO Group. We are committed to move the LEGO group forward towards becoming a data-driven company, actively contributing on this path. We leverage a state of the art SAP BW on HANA platform as a strong foundation where the main focus is about delivering a significant Business Value Proposition by providing solutions for our business and functional areas that support the commercial momentum, efficiency and productivity aspirations, consolidate data insights globally and automate these to a large extent.
The department is organized across three main areas – a Business Analysis & Quality assurance team, an explicit Development team (with a strong backup in a managed services setup in an offshore centre) and a BI capabilities area with key enabling and architectural support.
The new Senior Manager will be responsible
to enable and continuously improve the team working alongside of Agile processes, and maintain a strong level of stakeholder management, putting an arm around the context of the BI products being delivered. She/he will make sure the individuals develop both on the business understanding as well as the technical side and provide a hands-on leadership to becoming highly customer and value-based focused in the daily operations by also keeping up a high level of motivation and cooperation in the team.
• Manage and develop the BA&QA team and secure timely and high quality deliverables through projects and change requests in an Agile setup.
• You will constantly strengthen the professional competencies in your team to match our ambitious IT project portfolio and key strategic initiatives and together with our architects and enabling capabilities leads, you will play a key role in shaping our BI solutions platform for the future needs of the LEGO Group to become a data-driven company.
• Set and communicate the goals for the area, enable the team through your leadership to being closely anchored in the business areas, nurturing both external and internal networks to build best practices and get learning points
• Staying close to key stakeholders, leverage strong collaboration practices, information sharing in both directions and together maintain and build the BI Roadmap
• Leverage a deep domain expertise as foundation for own leadership decisions
Do you have what it takes?
• At least 3-5 years’ of relevant experience in a people management role working with complex BI environments in an international company or similar experience from a top-tier management consultancy
• Solid background of hands-on experience in SAP BI and state of the art front-end BI tools including Business Objects solutions and a clear understanding of the key SAP BW on HANA capabilities and roadmap
• Stakeholder management experience with a comfortable level of business context understanding in functional or business areas, very strong communication and presentation skills
• Masters degree in Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics
• Travelling required will be approximately 1-2 trips per month (2-3 nights each) mainly to Billund, Denmark as well as visiting key stakeholders in major LEGO locations 2-3 times a year including Enfield in the U.S. and Singapore
• Advanced English is a must
Why to join the global family of LEGO Group?
• Each of us can build our own LEGO Story – we support development of our employees
• We all use the same language regardless of a position or title – family working environment
• Interesting tasks, professional work conditions and competitive benefits are waiting for you – we take care of our employees
• We recycle waste – we care about the environment
• LEGO elements in all meeting rooms – we support creativity and play
If you are confident that you have what it takes to succeed in this role and you share our commitment to creativity, teamwork and quality, apply now!